I must admit, the day didn't have a promising start. The family attempted to enjoy brunch at a favorite Nashville restaurant. (The name will be withheld to protect the guilty.)
As usual, Baby Bella stood up to peer over the back of the booth at kids behind us. When she turned around she had something black on her chin and hands. I pick her up to inspect and then realized that the black was all over my white shirt.
Turns out the restaurant had varnished their furniture over night and it wasn't dry yet. Mommy rushed Baby Bella to the bathroom to do some scrubbing. If you've ever worked with varnish you know it doesn't come off easy.
The Manager politely moved us to a table close by - I reached down to pull out my chair and realized that the chair was sticky and now I had varnish on my hand. (Not making this up.)
When we left Baby Bella still had varnish on one arm from her wrist up to her elbow. I had varnish all over my white T-shirt and on my left hand. The Manager offered to dry clean my T-shirt but not once offered to pick-up the tab for brunch.
All is well that ends well...the chlorine in the pool worked magic on Bella's arm and my hand. We left the water park varnish free.
The moral of the story? Always plan pool time after any varnishing project. And don't eat brunch at the Nashville restaurant whose name is a compound word that is an animal and the mascot of the Texas football team.
No comments:
Post a Comment