Baby Bella slept last evening, just not well. She woke up with the stuffy and runny nose she played through on Sunday. And like Sunday, all she wanted to do was lay her head on Daddy's shoulder. She needed her Daddy to stay home and doctor her - done.
I have parented long enough to admit that some days you "have" to stay home with your kids. Today, I "got" to stay home with my child. Yes, I could have forced the issue and taken her to Daycare - this wasn't that day.
Maybe it's that I needed her as much as she needed me. Either way, this has been one of the best days of my life. I have enjoyed every minute with our little runny nose wonder.
I reflect on my parents and I know that the day will come when she will need me but won't let me be there. I know there will be days that she needs me and I will have to butt out. Today, blessed today, we needed each other and it worked.
Today, thank God for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment