Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baby Vampire




Ever had a moment where you simply can't believe you're seeing what you're seeing? A moment where you rub your eyes to make sure their open and you're not dreaming? Me either. Until tonight.

Deborah and I patiently and lovingly walked Baby Bella through the bed time ritual - careful to follow Baby Bella protocol with exact precision. The only problem...Baby Bella didn't want to go to sleep. Noooooooo, it's Season Finale night on my TV - Baby Bella wanted to stay up and personally entertain the parental units.

We rocked her, held her, and cuddled with her...rocked her, held her, and cuddled with her...rocked her - you get the picture.

We decided to carefully back out of the nursery and allow her the wonderful opportunity to self soothe. Nice try, Dr. Seuss. Baby Bella was long on the "self" part and extremely short on the "soothe."

Then came the real shock. Watching the video monitor in our room, we saw Baby Bella stand up, grab the rails of the crib, and start to shake it back and forth until the whole crib was rocking.

Having failed in her attempt to bring the crib crashing down, she then proceeded to put her mouth on the top of the rail and started biting the crib.

I kid you not! Baby Bella was chomping wood like a beaver! Deborah said "I think she's eating the crib." "No," I said, "she couldn't do that." Uh, think again Rosco!

We rushed to the nursery to inspect the damage. We looked at each other in amazement - Baby Bella looked at us like "we" were the crazy ones. We brought her back to the sofa with us and Deborah began picking paint chips off of Bella's teeth.

She was eating the crib. Seriously, my 1 year old was eating the crib. No, I am not talking about a new puppy....I speak of my daughter - Baby Bella Vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment