Sunday, December 11, 2016

Unscripted Advent Moment


We had an unscripted but wonderful moment during our family's Advent celebration. I was reading from John 15:11 "These things have I spoken until you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

I was demonstrating the scripture with a glass full of water and a glass with only a little water. I told the kids the glass represents our life and the water our joy.  "Which life do you want to live?" I asked.  "The life lacking joy or the life full of joy?"

Without saying a word, Isabella stood up, walked around the table, put both of her hands around the full glass, picked it up and took a drink.

I responded by saying, "without even knowing what you were doing, you just demonstrated two very important scriptures.  First, by putting both of your hands on the glass representing a life full of joy, you have demonstrated I Timothy 6:12 "lay hold on eternal life."

Then by taking a strong drink of that life, you demonstrated the scripture from John 4:14 "but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

Truly a teachable moment even though it was just a seven year old being herself. Thankful for the opportunity to impart some additional truth during our Advent celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment