Saturday, December 14, 2013
The Feast of Fifty
Deborah and I returned from a day and half away to celebrate Daddy's 50th Birthday. The Feast of Fifty started with an appetizer of Crab Cakes and ended with Banana's Foster, made table side.
We then enjoyed 90 minutes of stand up comedy at Nashville's legendary Zanies Comedy Club. Does it get any better?
Reaching the age of fifty is not an accomplishment in and of itself. Reaching 50 while learning, loving, laughing and living life to the full - that is an accomplishment.
Upon reflection, my journey has not been perfect. It has not been without tears. Disappointment has not been a stranger. It has however, been my journey and I am proud to say I have few regrets.
I have long been a fan of Howard Goodman's song I Don't Regret a Mile. It seems only appropriate to site it in the celebration of my 50th birthday.
I DON'T REGRET A MILE I'VE TRAVELED FOR THE LORD
I DON'T REGRET THE TIMES I'VE TRUSTED IN HIS WORD
I'VE SEEN THE YEARS GO BY, MANY DAYS WITHOUT A SONG
BUT I DON'T REGRET A MILE I'VE TRAVELED FOR THE LORD
I'VE DREAMED MANY A DREAM THAT'S NEVER COME TRUE,
AND I'VE SEEN MANY OF THEM VANISH AT DAWN
BUT I'VE REALIZED ENOUGH OF MY DREAMS,
TO MAKE ME WANT TO KEEP DREAMING ON
AND I'VE GOTTEN UP OUT OF THE BED MANY TIMES IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
TO PRAY A PRAYER THAT IT SEEMED NO ANSWER WOULD COME TO,
THOUGH I'D WAITED, PATIENT AND LONG;
BUT ANSWERS HAVE COME TO ENOUGH OF THOSE PRAYERS
TO MAKE ME KEEP PRAYING ON
AND I'VE TRUSTED MANY A FRIEND THAT'S FAILED
AND LEFT ME TO WEEP ALONE
AH, BUT I'VE FOUND ENOUGH OF THESE FRIENDS TO BE TRUE-BLUE
TO MAKE ME KEEP TRUSTING ON
IT SEEMS THAT I'VE SOWED MANY A SEED THAT'S FALLEN BY THE WAY
FOR THE BIRDS TO FEED UPON,
BUT I'VE HELD ENOUGH OF THE GOLDEN SHEAVES IN MY HAND
TO MAKE ME KEEP SOWING ON
AND I'VE DRAINED THE CUP OF DISAPPOINTMENT AND PAIN
AND GONE MANY A DAY WITHOUT A SONG,
BUT I'VE SIPPED ENOUGH NECTAR FROM THE ROSES OF LIFE
THAT MAKES ME WANT TO KEEP LIVING ON.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment