Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ocean Nap...





...Ocean Race. Daddy picked up Baby Bella to take her for the "nap" walk. No walk necessary. She was asleep on my shoulder before I get out of the water. And good thing.

Mommy and Skyler had a race to see who could catch the best waves and ride them all the way to shore. I stood in the water, with Baby Bella on my shoulder, to judge the outcome.

The race ended with a 13-13 score. But Mommy was assessed a half point penalty for Unnecessary Roughness (pushing Skyler down into an on-coming wave) and Skyler was awarded the victory.

Over heard trash talk during this Mother / Son race: "whose the Big Bad Wolfe now?" "Do I hear a pig squealing?" "That's cheating!" "Looser!" All in good fun - including the heckling of the judge when the penalty was assessed. Someone even kicked cold ocean water on me and my baby.

Baby Bella and I made our way back to the cabana to finish our nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment