Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Role Models

Baby Bella was honored to attend the wedding reception of Matthew and Cara King this weekend. She is pictured here with Matthew's sister, Mary Beth.

The reception prompted a trip down memory lane while ushering me full speed ahead to Baby Bella's future. I recall teaching Matthew and Mary Beth in Sunday School - and yes, in the Baby Bella Blog tradition of full disclosure - I might remember a thing or two they did that I wouldn't put on Bella's bucket list.

That said - I am grateful that Skyler and Bella have people like Matthew and Mary Beth in their life. I cannot think of two better role models for my kids. As parents, you try to surround your kids with enough examples that the key elements of faith, values, and integrity become as precious to them as they are to you.

I am beginning to see this "circle of life" thing that I have been hearing about all of my life. I teach kids - they grow up to teach my kids - my kids grow up to teach their kids....

Maybe, just maybe, that is why God made the earth a giant circle - we are all connected. I am feeling pretty good about my circle, thanks to Matthew and Mary Beth. Hats off to the two of you. And Cara, welcome to circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment