Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby Bella Goes Vertical


Baby Bella decided to challenge our "deductive reasoning" skills in recent days. While she has improved her overall sleep pattern, she changed the format on us. At long last, we have solved the puzzle - it is not that she doesn't want to sleep. It is that she wants to sleep in a vertical position.

Whether in your arms, the crib, the bassinet, or even the bath tub. Baby Bella will not fall asleep if she is in a horizontal position. Hold her up in a more vertical position and she will be counting sheep in no time flat.

I had the high honor of trying to handle one of her fussie periods and she went to sleep in the middle of a good scream because I had just tilted her upward. Literally, in the middle of the scream she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

Now I normally don't count myself among the slow crowd, but I have to say....this little girl is complicated and keeps Daddy guessing 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment