Monday, May 25, 2009

Daddy's Initiation

Baby Bella awoke at 4:00am for a feeding and change - this, we now know, is normal. Mommy did her part then turned her over to Daddy for a quick change. What follows could only be referred to as - The Initiation of Daddy.

I took her to the nursery to allow Mommy a few more winks. I quickly pulled the diaper back and then closed it again to give her a chance to "spray". (Why is it that infants love to pee the minute they feel fresh air under the diaper) She didn't mist at all so I felt it safe to remove the diaper.

The minute the diaper was completely removed and in mid-air flight to the trash can, Baby Bella decided to spray the changing table pad. Oh well, what is one more piece of laundry?

I then cleaned her up and slid another diaper under her precious bottom. Just I lifted her legs to slide she.....you guessed it, sprayed again. This time it ran down her tummy and legs and onto the cutest gown you have ever seen.

Fine, I can just change the gown. But wait, I don't know where the gowns are located. After a successful search, I managed to remove the old gown (with no help from the flailing arms of Baby Bella). I then begin the process of adorning her with a new gown. Just as the gown was successfully over her head.....yep, she hurled all over the clean gown.

So to review - it took me 2 gowns and a changing pad cover to successfully change one diaper. At this rate, I will never be caught up on laundry.

2 comments:

  1. I would pay good money to see this show again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story would work for a newspaper column. Very well written, comical, yet insightful! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete